Part 1 of Chargent’s Administrator Certification training class gives you everything you need to know to install Chargent, get it set up in your Salesforce org, get a test Payment Gateway set up in Salesforce and some of the basics around running Transactions from Salesforce.
Part 1 Agenda:
- Installation using the Package Installation Manager (PIM)
- Managing Licenses
- Chargent in Lightning
- Feature Activation Key
- Setting up your Payment Gateway
- Using Chargent Anywhere
- Transaction Records
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
Set up these first:
1. Package Installation
2. Payment Request
3. Obtain an Activation Key
4. Enable MyDomain in Salesforce
Chargent Anywhere includes:
1. Payment Requests: Payment Requests enable you to email customers a link that takes them to a secure Salesforce site to enter their credit card information. This allows them to enter their own payment details while keeping their information secure.
2. Recurring Payments: Recurring Payments enable you to setup recurring payments to either bill once in the future or charge weekly, monthly, or annually using either credit card or ACH.
3. Cash or Checks: If you take Cash or Paper Checks, you can also create a transaction record in Salesforce to support those methods.
1. Install Chargent using the Package Installation Manager (PIM)
The PIM allows you to install or upgrade all Chargent packages from our webpage. The PIM will always have the most current version of Chargent tested by our developers, and will select the correct options for your Salesforce org. Note: Always upgrade from our installation page using our PIM. Outside links to update may not be ready for release or may be older versions of Chargent.
2. Manage Licenses (which packages require licenses)
Managing the licenses: You need to assign licenses to the Transaction Package and Chargent Anywhere (if installed). Chargent Base is a site license.
a) Click on the Gear Icon on the top right and select Setup
b) Search for Installed Packages
c) Next to each one select Manage
d) You can click the add user button & select the person who needs to view and use Chargent
Notes on Managing Chargent licenses in Salesforce:
- Sandbox doesn’t require licenses
- Chargent Orders & Chargent Anywhere require assignments
- Cargent Base is a site license, no assignment necessary
3. Chargent in Lightning – versions of Chargent and prerequisites for Salesforce.
Chargent has been Lightning-ready since version 5.0, so If you’re on an older version of Chargent you will need to upgrade.
My Domain helps make your Salesforce Org more secure by allowing you to have a custom domain. You need to register the domain during the My Domain setup. There is a short waiting period from the time you register the domain and deploy it.
4. Feature Activation Keys
You can request these from the Activation keys subtab of the Chargent Settings tab, or when you go through the Setup Wizard, they will be automatically requested if not already saved and present.
5. Obtain an Authorize.net test account and connect it to Salesforce using Chargent.
Next, create an Authorize.net Sandbox account and setup your gateway in Salesforce.
- Live vs Test
- Some have two separate URLs for live transactions and testing
- Stripe has one login with a toggle switch
- Some use your login & password
- Some use API transaction keys or secret keys
Go to developer.authorize.net and enter in all required information. You will need to copy the API Login ID and the Transaction Key. These two items will allow you to connect Chargent in Salesforce to your Sandbox account with Authorize.net.
a) Click the AppLauncher
b) Go to Chargent App
c) Chargent Settings
d) Setup Wizard
- Do you have a gateway? – Select Authorize.net
- Enter the API Login ID and Transaction Key and click continue.
- Enable Tokenization
- Currency – You can select any currency that’s listed however you also want to make sure that you are setup with your gateway to accept that currency.
- Do you want to enable Payment Console? When you select “yes” it will send an email requesting an activation key.
- Payment Types you want to accept. Will you be accepting credit cards and ACH (E-check or Direct Debit)? You also select which types of credit cards you will accept (Visa, MasterCard, AmericanExpress, etc…)
- Select which Payment Console buttons you want visible.
- Will you be using Recurring Billing?
6. Setting up and using Chargent Anywhere in Salesforce:
Chargent Anywhere allows you to process payments on any object. We are going to set it up on the Opportunities object.
a) Go to any opportunity record and click the gear icon and select Edit Page
b) Scroll down the left column and drag the Custom Component into the Page.
c) Click Save and enable it for all users in your org.
d) Finish the configuration by adding the remote site.
What does Chargent Anywhere do? It enables the following 4 payment buttons / functions from anywhere in Salesforce:
- Payment Requests
- Update Address (include Country)
- Update Address (include Country)
- Payment Console
- Initial Payment
- Recurring Payments
- Credit Card / ACH
- Schedule Frequency
- Add Cash / Add Check
Payment information to send to the Payment Gateway from Salesforce for a successful payment transaction:
- Credit Card Number
- Expiration Date
- Billing Name
- Billing Address
- Payment Type