Step by Step Chargent Terminal:
- Create the Chargent Order in Salesforce
- Click Auth with Poynt or Charge with Poynt button.
- This sends the transaction to the Poynt Device
Once you add a valid credit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.. you will get an approval or a decline message.
Sign the Poynt Device
Choose a receipt option
Your Salesforce instance will update with the Reference ID, Status, Action, and Card Info.
- Salesforce won't connect to the Poynt Device
- Make sure that the Poynt Device is connected to an Internet signal (wifi, ethernet, mobile)
- Reboot the Poynt Device
Records Created in Salesforce:
Poynt Response Record fields:
- Transaction Date: Date of the Transaction
- Store ID: If you have multiple terminals in multiple stores this tells you which store.
- Device ID: If you have multiple devices in multiple stores this tells you the device
- Transaction ID: This is the transaction ID number
- Signature Captured: Lets you know the person signed and the signature was captured.